Monday, July 25, 2011

Reeder Family Spotlight

We are the Reeder family - Randy, Kim, Colin (10), Robyn (9), Grace (7), Caden (4), and Betsy (2). We have home schooled since Colin was 3 years old after being introduced to A Thomas Jefferson Education and the Face to Face with Greatness Seminars. Thanks to all those that have influenced our journey!

We love learning together and I (Kim) am constantly amazed at the things my family comes up with to teach me. Colin teaches me everything I ever wanted to know and more about computer programming and he recently started building a computer from spare parts so now I am learning more about the hardware too. Robyn pushes me to keep up with her in sewing and hand crafts and occasionally I impress her with my front handspring and ripstick skills. Grace loves to do science and art projects and try new recipes, she also enjoys working in the garden. Caden and I have read many, many books about trains and I was pleasantly surprised at my new ability to discuss trains and ask fairly intelligent questions on our visit to the Golden Spike in Promontory, Utah last week. Betsy keeps me humble as her favorite thing is to play babies, she (along with the rest of them) provides a great mirror for me to see myself through. In my case, motherhood has definitely made me smarter, or at least more well rounded.

The kids all play the fiddle and Randy and Colin are learning the guitar. We needed a little more variety in our family band, so Randy surprised me by making me my very own homemade washtub bass a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment