Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A New Year – A New Board

Many thanks to last year’s DHSA Board and those who facilitated the Mother’s Meetings, field trips, parties, and activities throughout the year! Thank you for your enthusiasm and your dedication!

Introducing the New Board

stacey2Stacey Lytle – President

I am so excited to be serving on The Deseret Homeschool Association Board this year. Homeschooling my family is my passion and supporting homeschooling mothers is a very close second for me.

A little about me…Well, I am a Mom who truly loves being the Momma; my dear hubby and I have 7 kiddos…ages 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, and 25. I am also “Grammy” to two adorable little people. We have homeschooled for what feels like a lifetime…over 15 years!

I LOVE teaching! I love learning! I love spending my time with my kids! I have the best job ever…I couldn’t have dreamed up a better one…and in the same breath, I will say I don’t think I could have dreamed up a more difficult one. Homeschooling is not always easy; sometimes we can’t always see the rewards, but I assure you that they are there. The relationships we have with our children are strong and close and real and I would not give that up for the world…I know my kids inside and out and they know me. I treasure my time with them and value the blessing of learning alongside them each day.

Homeschooling means so many things to me, the blessings are innumerable, the lessons endless; but foremost in my mind is this -- Homeschooling is really all about Building Relationships. These days with our kiddos are a time for nurturing and growth, a time for learning patience and understanding, a time for seeking truth and a time for realizing our true potential. It is a time to learn that there are no limits…a time to teach our children about becoming…they can “BE” anything & everything…they must know the extent to which we believe in them…we must be their best cheerleaders. When our relationships are strong and solid, the faith we have in them will be felt by their hearts and they will go beyond their most magnificent dreams.

In my early days of homeschooling, I heard the best advice ever and to this day I treasure it…Never let your child’s education become more important than the relationship between You and Your Child. I take this to heart when I want to flip out about some silly math problem that a child just cannot get even after we’ve gone over it 500 times! Or the days when the Spirit in my home is just ugly and contentious, I need to be more concerned with how my kids are feeling and not so concerned with what they are accomplishing in their school work. My relationship with them is #1 and I will not let anything stand in the way of that. With that as my goal…I know they can “BE” everything they ever dream and our relationships will be lovely and amazing!

I am excited for this year and look forward to seeing each of you! We will be holding a monthly Mothers Meeting and will rotate between Thursday Evenings and Saturday mornings, to hopefully accommodate the schedules of more families. We are also hopeful of hosting many fabulous activities for you and your families to enjoy throughout the year. Please take a look through our open board positions in this newsletter ~ we’d love to have you join us!!!

I truly love and admire you for the work that you are doing…I believe with all of my heart that there is nothing better that we could be doing in this lifetime than raising these beautiful kiddos and sharing with them the foundation and beliefs we cherish in our lives. I wish you the best school year ever ~ may you enjoy each and every day and look forward to the next with exuberance and enthusiasm.

clip_image002 Stacey

marissaMarissa Pineda – Vice President

My name is Marissa Pineda and I am excited to be a part of the DHSA Board this year. I live in Boise and have five kids ranging in age from eleven years to three months old. I started homeschooling two and a half years ago and I was so grateful to have DHSA as a resource and a support from the outset. My goal as a member of the board is to provide the same kind of loving, practical support to homeschooling mothers and families as has been provided for me.

Nancy AvatarNancy Georgeson – Newsletter
I have been a member of DHSA since 2004, a full year before I began homeschooling. Receiving monthly newsletters, regular emails about activities in the homeschooling community, and attending Mother's Meetings helped me to make the decision to homeschool. We have now been homeschooling for 6 years and we love this lifestyle. We have 5 kids, aged 13 - 3 years. We love the freedom that we have to learn what, when and how we want. We also love to get together with others, so we often invite people into our home to have fun with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment