Wednesday, November 18, 2009

School of Abraham



 School of Abraham



Have you ever checked out this great LDS homeschool resource, The School of Abraham? The School of Abraham website is huge! You will not be disappointed spending some of your time online there. They do have their own educational philosophy that you can look into, but even if you don't school their way this site is still full of AMAZING resources for the LDS homeschooler.

One of my favorite resources offered on their site is the Storied Scriptures.  I am so grateful they took the time to organize this. I copy and paste the lists into Word, then print the whole list for each book of scriptures, trim the pages down and staple them together, and fold twice. They fit inside my scripture bag and are handy as we do family scripture time. They are organized in a sequential story format, skipping over sections that are not essential to understand the overall story. This is nice for keeping my younger kiddos interested. If you do narrrations, these are also great to use for drawn, oral, or written narrations after you read.

I also LOVE their resources for homeschooling Dads- Dads: The Ultimate Homeschoolers

On that note-My husband told me the other day, when he had a full day off during the week and helped with our homeschool that day, that I looked beautiful when I was teaching our children. So sweet!!

Back to the website....There are also countless links, article suggestions, and great quotes to support you.

Keep up the good work ladies! You all make a huge difference in the world everyday you spend with your children!

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment